I want to move a user story from an open sprint back to the backlog, but it doesn't work - it stays in the sprint.
The project admin and I (JIRA Admin) tried it both, but it doesn't work.
Any ideas?
Nope, didn't work. It worked for me now as follows:
1. right click on user story and "Remove from sprint"
2. It is sent to the next sprint
3. From there: right click (or drag/drop) and "Send to backlog"
br,
Werner
Hi Werner,
Which version of Jira and Jira Agile are you using?
Is it an active sprint or just a planned sprint?
Did you get an error message?
Best regards,
Peter
Hi Peter!
Here are the answers to your questions:
JIRA 5.2.6
JIRA Agile 6.2.5.1
It is an active sprint and there are no error messages, it just doesn't work.
I just tried it (drap it from the active sprint in the plan view to the product backlog) and that seems to work, but only for issues that are still in the first column of my scrum board.
Did you already work on the issue that you want to remove from the sprint?
Can't you just simply close the sprint with the issue still in it? It will be automatically moved back to the top of the product backlog.
It is in the first column and the work on it hasn't started right now.
The problem is that there are many issues in that sprint, so we don't want to close it.
Normally, when I move over the user story in the plan mode and make a right-mouse-click, i get "Send to top/bottom of backlog", but it seems that this works for future sprints (=not started) only.
I didn't think about how having multiple planned sprints would impact that problem, good solution.
Did you try to just drap it out of your sprint onto the product backlog,
That works for me.
Thanks anyways Peter! The discussion helped me to figure it out.
Hi.. I am using Atlassian JIRA v5.0.1(bit old), is it possible to move a story from active sprint to backlog or another upcoming sprint?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.