How can I switch between tab and button view (internal/customer) for comments?we have the following tab view on an instance with jira 9.12.15 / jsm 4.12.15
we would like to switch to the button viewMany thanksRainer
Hi @Rainer Kiemen ,
Just to clarify - you would like to switch default options for comments (internal/reply to customer) and formatting (visual/text)?
Also is this something on the issue view screen or on the transition screens? I'm asking because there's an open suggestion for making internal comments default ones on screens during issue transitions: JSDSERVER-7166: Make internal comments the default for comments in transitions
Cheers,Tobi
No, I don't want to change the default option.
We have this tab view (respond to customer/internal comment) when editing or create a comment.
We want to change this to the button view (Share With Customer and Comment Internally).KR,Rainer
Ah got it.
If this is even possible, I guess it would require some changes to the application code. It seems that these 'buttons' were part of older versions and are now replaced with tabs.
There seems to be some discussion on the topic - see How to change Jira Service Management Comment from button to tabs, however, that was the other way around.As Dominic stated in the linked thread, the rich text box was not customizable at that time, and I'm not sure if it still isn't.
There are maybe some other people who have played with customizing UI on server/DC but, unfortunately, I don't know anyone like that
As far as I understand it so far, the tab view is the old one and has been replaced by the button view.But now we have a customer who still has this old tab view and as far as I know nothing has been adjusted in the background.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.