I have been this a JQL filter to view tickets completed by one of my squads over a timeframe:
"filter = 238820 AND component != "EDS (Internal) - Cost Down Idea" AND issuetype = story AND STATUS IN (DONE) AND RESOLVED >= "2024/09/16" AND RESOLVED <= "2024/11/29""
(The "filter = 238820" is a nested filter that lists all of this squads members as the ticket assignee, it is how I add and remove people from squads easily, rather than have to change multiple filters each time someone moves).
I get a result of 75 issues returned.
I then applied the same filter to a control chart on the correct board for the squad, but only used the first part of the JQL filter (filter = 238820 AND component != "EDS (Internal) - Cost Down Idea"), I then use the chart itself to narrow down the statuses (In Progress and Done) and time frame. But this time get 33 issues listed.
The aim of this was to show my squad how their tickets are spread throughout the quarter in an effort to get them not to close their ticket once they are completed rather than leaving them till the end of the quarter.
Is anyone able to help me understand why using mostly the same filter can bring back two such different results?
In my mind the control chart should be showing me the same number of tickets as the JQL filter.