How can we automatically update child issues end dates for higher level issues like parent issues. the parent issue should automatically take the end date & start date based on first issue or second child issues date in jira dc how can it be possible. Can we set automation rules for this ?
Hi @SSU!
I'm not familiar with DC, but how I would do something like this in Cloud would be:
Trigger: When issue updatedAdd IF/ELSE Conditions (optional)Then create a "Branch rule / related issue" and select "Parent"To the branch, add an action to update issue and in the drop down selector you select "Start Date" and "End Date"
In the field you can use parameters like {{issue.subtasks.startDate.min}} {{issue.subtasks.endDate.max}}
Hope that works for you
Hi @SSU
Yes you can. With the trigger issue being the story (I assume this is what you call the child of the epic to be updated), you can refer to its parent (using epic link, or depending on your version of Jira, the parent link). Then you can lookup the array of issues that are the children of said epic and find the max date in that lot. You then correct the epic with that date.
Kind regards,
Dick
When you note parent and child issues, which types of issues are involved?
Kind regards,Bill
Under action there no option called update issue in dc 😕
Hi @Bill We have our customized parent issues. Under a parent issue, I have child issues which are story, task, and bug. Whenever I create issues under a parent issue, the parent issue should automatically take the start or end date based on the first or second child issue.For this do we have any automation rules in Jira DC?
Oh sorry, it's called "Edit Issue" (in Cloud at least) I just typed it wrongly.
Looks like this in Cloud:
It's giving option issue to copy value from current, trigger, parent,epic, destination issue 🤔.I need to achieve : "We have our customized parent issues. Under a parent issue, I have child issues which are story, task, and bug. Whenever I create issues under a parent issue, the parent issue should automatically take the start or end date based on the first or second child issue."?
Thanks for that information, and as I described the REST API would be needed to access those fields and update the parent issue. Please see the linked post for details.
When you only need to report on such issues, and not edit another issue, the bulk-handling feature of branches and scheduled triggers may be used: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation102/run-a-rule-against-issues-in-bulk-1473877768.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.