I'm working on upgrading our test Jira systems from 7.5.4 to 8.5.19 to nail down a solid procedure before tackling production. The upgrade path I've chosen is:
7.5.4 -> 7.6.17 -> 7.13.18 -> 8.5.19
The upgrades to 7.6.17 and subsequently 7.13.18 work without issue, and I'm able to access the web UI in both cases after the upgrade has completed. In this case, however, the atlassian-jira.log and catalina.out files indicate that the upgrade has been successful via the following messages:
JIRA 8.5.19 build: 805019 started. You can now access JIRA through your web browser.
Upgrade Succeeded! JIRA has been upgraded to build number 805009
but when I try to access the web UI, the page never finishes loading. When using the network inspector, it doesn't look like the request makes it past the initial GET. I tried the following command on the Jira server itself, and it never makes it past 'awaiting response...'
wget https://jira.domain.com
--2024-12-31 18:55:15-- https://jira.domain.com/ Resolving jira.domain.com (jira.domain.com)... x.x.x.x Connecting to jira.domain.com (jira.domain.com)|x.x.x.x|:443... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
I was very careful to copy any modifications made to setenv.sh and server.xml to the new files generated during upgrade installation, so I don't think this issue is related but I could be wrong. I also did not see this issue in any of the two previous intermediary upgrades, so I'm not sure what I could be missing. I know that 7.13.18 -> 8.5.19 is an acceptable upgrade path because they're both LTSC releases, so I don't think I'm missing any dependencies either. Can someone please assist me in identifying the next steps I should take to resolve this issue?
Thank you!