Hello,
Looking for ideas and suggestions from the experts!
Background:
My company uses Initiatives, Epics and Tasks. We link Epics to Initiatives, via a parent link, making Initiatives the parent. In Epics we add Tasks. The idea is that Initiatives is the overall project and Epics are all the things that need to be completed to finish the project. Tasks are the minor things that have to be completed in order to complete an Epic.
Requirement:
I have a jql that will give me Tasks for all the Epics.
project = NNN AND summary ~ "\"Publish\"" AND issueFunction in issuesInEpics("status in (Approved) ") AND resolved >= startOfWeek() AND updated <= endOfWeek() ORDER BY updated ASC
This gives me the publish Task for each Epic with the status of Approved in the last week.
For these I know the parent which is the Epic Link.
I need to know who is the Parent (Initiative of the Epic), from the list I can click on the Epic Link, which will open the Epic and I can see the Parent in the "Parent Link" field.
How can I do this through a jql or via automation?
Any suggestions, clues would be greatly appreciated!