I have a complex sequential approval process with three levels of approvals and 41 different approvers that is dependent on various user inputs.
At one stage, the reporter is selecting an approver via radio button (tickets are submitted via form) and custom approver fields are agent selects because not all levels of approval are required for all inputs.
The automation should: (steps not working correctly notated in bold. imgs 1&2)
-Use the custom field with the radio button to edit the summary.
-Create a lookup table (users vs userID)
-Delay for 10 seconds to allow this step to complete
-Create two variables (lookup against radio select value and provide the userID)
-Re-fetch issue data
-Branch and set two custom user fields using the variables
-Comment the variables on the ticket as a check they are providing the correct data.
(Using for troubleshooting)
I keep getting the error "data was not an array" when trying to set the approval fields.
I have tried:
-asJSONobject, .asJSON, .asJSONarray in various places in the lookup table, variable,
and edit issue.
-update/add/set etc.
- "accountID"/"id"/"" prefacing the user ID string
-adding .accountID, .value, "value" to the edit issue
-multitudes of other solutions provided through atlassian but haven't been able to resolve.
On another ruleset, I have been able to edit these custom fields when amending one of the fields to {"id":"{{reporter.accountID}}"}, but that's already a smart value.




