Hello,
I am developing a template so that we can quickly create recurring tasks.
I would like to update the due date based on the dynamic variable "Start Date." What syntax is used for "Start Date"?
Hi @shelby.shea , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.
Please can you verify, you are using the app Issue Templates for Jira?
I have tagged the vendor and the name of the app on this post.
In the meantime, please check out the product documentation here on how to set up a dynamic variable in the app https://deviniti.com/support/addon/cloud/issue-templates/latest/dynamic-variables/
Hope this helps you.
Cheers
Hi @Valerie Knapp Thank you for the response! Yes, I am using the App Issue Template for Jira.
Hi @shelby.shea , thanks for confirming.
Do you have a custom field created in Jira for the Start date?
If so, you could use a standard automation, something like this https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/1357059/25937333 to populate the Due date from the Start date value.
Here is the guide for how to reference a custom field value in an automation rule https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/formatting-smart-values-in-jira-automation/
I hope this helps you.
Best wishes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.