Hi Community,
I’m facing an issue accessing my Bitbucket account, and I would greatly appreciate your help.
Problem: My university recently closed my email account, which I used to register my Bitbucket account. Unfortunately, I had two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled, and I no longer have access to the email where the verification code is sent.
Details:
- I remember my username and password.
- However, 2FA prevents me from logging in because I can't receive the required code.
- I have no way of recovering access to the email address as it was deactivated by my university.
Steps I’ve Tried:
- Checked for backup codes (I don’t have any).
- Tried to recover through Atlassian’s automated recovery process (unsuccessful due to the email issue).
Request: Is there a way to recover my account or disable 2FA so I can regain access? I’m worried about losing access to my repositories.
Thank you for any guidance or support you can provide. Let me know if additional details are needed.