I have Jira and GitLab on prem and I need to integrate between them to make automation like create branches depends on issue status. Can I do that for free not using paid plugin?
@Ahmed Attya The related search on Atlassian Marketplace is this, but no-one of the results are applicable to your use case, I guess. That means there is no free app for this, unfortunately.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira&hosting=dataCenter&price=paid&query=gitlab
Hi @Ahmed Attya
1. Build a sync yourself: This is a good option for a basic use case, but at the same time, don't underestimate the effort involved in automation. Here are a few things to consider:
2. Get an Integration App:
It is the paid option. I recommend going for a standalone integration app instead of a plugin. Plugins can make Jira slower, especially as things get bigger.
With an app, you can automate branch creation and even sync Jira issues with GitLab, including comments and attachments. It's just a better option for scaling and keeping Jira running smoothly.
You can explore OpsHub for Jira and GitLab sync.
Thanks,
OpsHub team
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.