i'd like to set the Estimation Statistic to a custom field that i created. How do i do that? The field has been added and configured in Jira Adminstration, but I can't figured out how to get it to appear as an option in the dropdown...
Yes, you're right. Only numeric issue types will be appear as options in the Statistics dropdown. Makes sense. Thanks!
The fields will only be offered to you if they are of the right type.
What type of field did you add? From memory, it only works on some variation of numeric fields, so numbers, estimates, story points etc.
hmm I was wondering if there was a requirement around it being numeric. The field i created is a dropdown with list items like "3d" "1w", so alpha & numeric. I just created a support request so that i can get the rules straight. Thanks for the help!
I can tell you a drop-down list won't work. Jira has no way of knowing that any particular option on a list should be read as a number. Text fields, radio buttons, checkboxes and so-on are the same - doesn't matter if you put a number in, it's just a label, there's no way to use it as a number.
Seems to me only editable fields are possibel to be used with Estimation Statistic, and not for example Calculated Numeric Field. Am I right?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.