A Bitbucket subscriber writes:
Hi,I want to be able to pull only a specific file folder from the repo afterI have done a git init in a particular folder on my local machine.I have several hundred folders from which I am interested in only one at a time for a deployment. However, I have not been able to come across any git command that enables me to do so.
Hi,I want to be able to pull only a specific file folder from the repo afterI have done a git init in a particular folder on my local machine.I have several hundred folders from which I am interested in only one at a
time for a deployment. However, I have not been able to come across any git command that enables me to do so.
It's important to remember that every time you clone or checkout a repository, a full copy of (at least) the entire repository's state at the specified commit is delivered to your machine.
Considering that, you can do the following:
git clone <repo-url> --depth 1 --bare git --work-tree=/path/to/checkout checkout HEAD -- sub/directory
The first line will clone the full current state of your repository, omitting any history, without creating a work-folder.
The second line unpacks the folder desired.
We strongly recommend making any commits to the files in this state; it's much better to work on a full copy of a working directory.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.