I have updated my workspace email address from name1@domain.com to name2@domain.com, but the change has not been reflected in the Atlassian account. Unfortunately, attempts to update the email have been unsuccessful.
I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue and updating my email address as requested. I would prefer to retain this account with the updated email address instead of creating a new one.
Please let me know if any further details or actions are required from my side.
Hi Shanthini,
Are both of the email addresses tied to an existing Atlassian account already? If so, updating will not work - could you copy paste any errors you see?
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
Hello Ben,
I received this mail when I tried to update my email.
"Your email change request could not be processed because *REDACTED* is already associated with another Atlassian account."
Hi @[deleted]
Correct, you can't update your email address when it's already in use with another account - the email can only be associated with one account at a time. I can also see a Bitbucket Cloud workspace associated with the email you've just mentioned.
If your goal is to use that email address to log in to Bitbucket - I'd suggest transferring your data across to its associated workspace and then deleting your old workspace:
I hope this helps.
Hi Ben,
Can I delete my account, and create a new one with the same email?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.