Hello Atlassian Community,
I'm working on a project where we want to install Jira Data Center on a Kubernetes Cluster.
My problem is that I'm stuck on some concepts that I thought I understood, but now after I implemented the first POC setup, I need some clarifications to make sure if what I need is achievable or not.
What I Expected:
My initial Thoughts were that we're going to have a Jira Cluster that contains 2 nodes and let Kubernetes Horizontally-Auto-Scale my cluster based on the usage of the Application.
What I now have in hand:
Now after implementing the POC for my organization, I have:
- A K8s (Kubernetes) cluster which contains two pods, each pod contains a node in my Jira Cluster.
- Each k8s pod / Jira Node can be Auto-scaled on it's own.
A constant number of Jira nodes, which isn't exactly what was expected from this new setup.
My question
the question is:
"Is it possible to have K8s as the orchestrater of my nodes in the context of provisioning and deprovisioning them instead of having constant number of nodes nodes?"
Thanks,
Qusai Atoon.