I'm creating an automation trying to link up some info with an external api. (BambooHR)
To do that, I need to get an ID off this API to later on make requests against.
I'm able to query a report which is a list of emails and IDs that match with them.
Trying to search the report is where I'm getting stuck.
If I manually specify a valid email in the query it works.
{{#webResponse.body.employees}}{{#if(workEmail.length())}}{{#if(equals(workEmail.toLowerCase(),"email@domain.com"))}}{{id}}{{/}}{{/}}{{/webResponse.body.employees}}
I can't figure out if/how it's possible to put in the value of issue.reporter.emailAddress.toLowerCase() where the "email@domain.com" is in the query.
Either end up with errors about parameter mismatches and needing to close braces and other statements or blank searches.
I also tried creating a separate smart variable to reference it but have the same issue where I can't seem to format it correctly.

Any tips on getting the variable in there?
For reference the webresponse I'm trying to get id values out of looks like this:

I have the value of the workEmail property, trying to get the associated id.