Hello,
I'm posting this on my personal bitbucket account because I'm unable to login with credentials tied to an email address domain that was used to create a bitbucket account for a website project for the small business I work(ed) for. When I created the account long ago 2FA was not common or even prompted. The business I worked for was then bought out by a larger company, but the old website and email remained so I left the account tied to that email address. Since then the IT department integrated us into their systems and emails were being forwarded from the old domain to the new domain. It appears they stopped doing this in recent weeks.
I just logged into this bitbucket account last week and didn't require 2FA to my email. I either enabled it by accident or it is now required. But the email is never delivered. And now I'm stuck with my project sitting in an account that nobody can access.
However, I have VSCode still configured with the Atlassian plugin and it appears it still has access to the git repo through this account. I'm sure the OAuth is going to expire at some point though and then I'll be entirely locked out with no way to login.
Is there a way to disable the 2FA? Get recovery keys? Support maybe provide some help? It would be nice to get back into the account and update the email address to the proper new company email address.
EDIT: Also, I have SSH keys that still work, however the "ssh git@bitbucket.org recovery_codes" command I saw referenced from previous years doesn't seem to do anything for me. I get a response of "authenticated via ssh key. You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled".