The idea of duduplication is great when it comes to reducing alert fatigue.
But in practice there is a possiblity of essential information being missed as on duduplication, the alert's message/description does not change.
In the following question, the answer mentioned that a note could be created on a deduplication event, detailing any new information:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Can-I-update-alert-field-message-with-latest-deduplicated-alert/qaq-p/1712754
However, I have not found any information on how this would actually be set up in the settings of a given integration. (for example Sumo Logic.)
This is our current flow which I dont think will work:
CREATE ALERT
Rule: If action equals create and alias equals terminated_instance, create alert with P2 priority
CLOSE ALERT
Rule: If action equals recover then close alert
ADD NOTE TO ALERT
Rule if action equals create and alias equals terminated_instance, create note
The reason it wont work is that it will always go into 'Create Alert' logically, if action equals create and alias equals terminated instance. So it will never reach the 'Add Note' logic. Am I right?
Can anyone give some guidance?