Hi
I'm trying to figure out a way of having anonymous users able to access a Space in Confluence, but then disable anonymous access for specific pages in the public space. Here's the back story:
I'm a developer at a design agency and we've got a Confluence space for general WordPress support. We've also got separate client Spaces for client-specific support information. Each client Space is linked in with Service Desk so clients on their Service Desk page can search their Confluence KB/Space for answers. The public articles are labelled #public, and client-specific articles are labelled #client1public, #client2public etc. My problem is that I can't add multiple Confluence KB's to the Service Desk.
What I'd like to achieve is to allow Client 1 to be able to search #client1public pages, along with #public pages.
I noticed that in Service Desk you can limit searches to specific labels, so for Client 1 I can limit them to #client1public and #public. My thinking then moved to having 1 large Space that had #public pages that everyone can see, and then client-specific pages that are labelled per client (i.e. #client1public). My problem is then if I make the Space have anonymous access, anyone can then view all pages, #public or otherwise.
- Anonymous User: should see #public labelled Confluence pages only - no access to Service Desk
- Client 1: should see #public labelled Confluence pages only - they should only be able to search #public and #client1public labelled pages in Service Desk
- Client 2: should see #public labelled Confluence pages only - they should only be able to search #public and #client2public labelled pages in Service Desk
A possible solution I've just recently thought of is if there's a way to "symlink" or alias pages, so the source page can be in one space, but be linked to another space so any updates on the original space show up in the second space (although I found a Confluence issue with exactly my idea: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25888)
I'd really like to be able to do this without having to buy licenses for all the clients that would be potentially using these KBs - Service Desk's licensing is very attractive given that a "customer" doesn't count towards your license limit. As a small shop that's able to run on the $10 licenses, I'd like to avoid having to suddenly jump up to say a 50-user license just to implement this.
Hopefully I've made sense. Does anyone know if this is even possible?
Thanks!
Edited 29/10 15:41 AWST: clarified situation