TL;DR: I get an error but only when the pipeline runs:
<span><span>http: server gave HTTP response to HTTPS client<br></span></span>
<span><span><br>In full: My machine is on prem, I run 3 workers for my CI, the build was working fine while I was working with the docker hub. But once I am basing on a local image and pushing to a local image registry (port 5000, no TLS, default instructions) I get the error during a pipe run.<br><br>On the host itself, I have no problem pulling and pushing.<br>I added </span></span>"insecure-registries" in /etc/docker/daemon.json just in case.
I even tried mounting /etc/docker in my bitbucket workers.
when I exec a shell in a running BB runner container I can do a ./docker pull regmachine:5000/image:latest and I get no complaints, but when bitbucket runs a build remotely, I get a complaint about port 5000 not answering as https. I suppose I can give it a borrowed cert or a self-signed one, but I feel there must be a quicker solution I am missing.
What have I missed?