When I look at these three (text) files in directory https://bitbucket.org/jeroenp/besharp.net/src/b356056dbf91/Scripts/NoIP/
- https://bitbucket.org/jeroenp/besharp.net/src/b356056dbf9189ec8297aeaa5575f8e4092fba65/Scripts/NoIP/Login-and-Update-NoIp.bat
- https://bitbucket.org/jeroenp/besharp.net/src/b356056dbf9189ec8297aeaa5575f8e4092fba65/Scripts/NoIP/Login-and-Update-NoIp.ini
- https://bitbucket.org/jeroenp/besharp.net/src/b356056dbf9189ec8297aeaa5575f8e4092fba65/Scripts/NoIP/Login-and-Update-NoIp.ps1
The first two are directly viewable as text files, but the third is being downloaded as if it is binary.
1. Why? It is text, as it is a PowerShell script file.
2. How can I specify it is indeed text?
--jeroen
We determine file contents based on extension. Because this ps1 extension is not recognised, it is not assumed to be viewable in the Source Browser.
We have a feature request to address this here: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/5453/powershell-module-manifest-file-psd1-are
What does it matter how it's downloaded? You still get the file, don't you?
Because I want to refer to the URL from my blog so my blog users can view the file.
I could make a gist out of it, but then I'd need to make 3 gists, which is exactly not the thing I want to do when a file is under revision control.
Sounds like Jeroen should submit a feature request at jira.atlassian.comto add this extension as "recognized".
I could not find BitBucket in the list of products at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspaso I filed an issue at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/10304/powershell-ps1-files-are-detected-as
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.