Hi,
I’m experiencing an issue where the runner on my CI machine stops sending the online status during test execution and appears to be ‘frozen’. After a while, when I press enter a few times, I get the following exception:
[2024-10-15 14:26:53,887] An error occurred whilst updating runner state to "ONLINE". com.atlassian.pipelines.stargate.client.core.exceptions.StargateConflictException: Response Summary: HttpResponseSummary{httpStatusCode=409, httpStatusMessage=Conflict, bodyAsString={"key":"agent-service.runner.conflict","message":"Simultaneous state updates were attempted for runner with id: {5eca4cbe-c8c9-59d0-8d28-934bf3e8918b}","arguments":{}}} at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) Suppressed: reactor.core.publisher.FluxOnAssembly$OnAssemblyException: Error has been observed at the following site(s): *__checkpoint ⇢ 409 from PUT https://api.atlassian.com/ex/bitbucket-pipelines/rest/internal/accounts/{371c7d36-842f-4518-a96b-3c2f87c1113b}/repositories/{1dd7083e-74ce-421b-821c-f3c8ffa96ea4}/runners/{5eca4cbe-c8c9-59d0-8d28-934bf3e8918b}/state [DefaultWebClient] Original Stack Trace: at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490) at com.atlassian.bitbucketci.client.reactive.ResponseExceptionFactory$ConstructorInvoker.invokeConstructor(ResponseExceptionFactory.java:125) at io.vavr.CheckedFunction1.lambda$unchecked$43b513dd$1(CheckedFunction1.java:220) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onNext(FluxMap.java:106) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onNext(FluxMap.java:122) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxDefaultIfEmpty$DefaultIfEmptySubscriber.onNext(FluxDefaultIfEmpty.java:101) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMapFuseable$MapFuseableSubscriber.onNext(FluxMapFuseable.java:129) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxContextWrite$ContextWriteSubscriber.onNext(FluxContextWrite.java:107) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMapFuseable$MapFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onNext(FluxMapFuseable.java:299) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxFilterFuseable$FilterFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onNext(FluxFilterFuseable.java:337) at reactor.core.publisher.Operators$MonoSubscriber.complete(Operators.java:1839) at reactor.core.publisher.MonoCollect$CollectSubscriber.onComplete(MonoCollect.java:160) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onComplete(FluxMap.java:144) at org.springframework.cloud.sleuth.instrument.reactor.ScopePassingSpanSubscriber.onComplete(ScopePassingSpanSubscriber.java:103) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxPeek$PeekSubscriber.onComplete(FluxPeek.java:260) at org.springframework.cloud.sleuth.instrument.reactor.ScopePassingSpanSubscriber.onComplete(ScopePassingSpanSubscriber.java:103) at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onComplete(FluxMap.java:144) at reactor.netty.channel.FluxReceive.onInboundComplete(FluxReceive.java:415) at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperations.onInboundComplete(ChannelOperations.java:439) at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperations.terminate(ChannelOperations.java:493) at reactor.netty.http.client.HttpClientOperations.onInboundNext(HttpClientOperations.java:789) at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperationsHandler.channelRead(ChannelOperationsHandler.java:114) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:444) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412) at io.netty.handler.timeout.IdleStateHandler.channelRead(IdleStateHandler.java:289) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:442) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412) at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler$DelegatingChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:436) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:346) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:318) at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.channelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:251) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:442) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412) at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1475) at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decodeNonJdkCompatible(SslHandler.java:1349) at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decode(SslHandler.java:1389) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:530) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:469) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:290) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:444) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412) at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1410) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:440) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420) at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:919) at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:166) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:788) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:724) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:650) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:562) at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:997) at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74) at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
I’m using the latest version of runner 3.1.0, but I also tried version 3.0.0 with no change. The firewall is off, and the machine doesn’t have any network connection issues. Could you help me with this problem?