Hey buddies!
I need help sorting out setting the due date of a new issue created by an automation triggered by another's status change.
- trigger issue in JPD project A has a custom field (cf[12345]) with the project due date and looks like this in a JQL filter:
- {"start":"2025-12-31","end":"2025-12-31"}
- QUESTION: what does this date look like this?
- I want the new issue in Jira project B to take the date from this field and add it to (default) 'due'
At the moment, I set the Due date in the automation's Then block that creates the issue and have this for the date: {{customfield_12345.jiraDate}} and is succeeds, but the due date doesn't have anything in it.
Digging deeper (API query against Project A JPD trigger issue, I see that the 'source' date field schema looks like this:
{ "type": "string", "custom": "jira.polaris:interval", "customId": 12345 }
and the created issue in Jira Project B's schema is:
{ "type": "date", "system": "duedate" }
How do I convert that "end" date in A which appears to be a string to a date in project B's issue?
Thanks!!!