Hello everyone,
I’m facing an issue with Jira Sprint Reports and would like your help to resolve it.
Here's the situation for example: I have a task that was created in Sprint 2 but wasn’t completed within that sprint. The task was then moved to Sprint 3, and it was closed in Sprint 3. However, when I check the Sprint Reports, the task appears as completed in both Sprint 2 and Sprint 3.
From my understanding, if a task isn’t completed in the original sprint (Sprint 2), it should be reflected as incomplete there and only show as completed in the sprint where it was actually closed (Sprint 3). But it seems to be marked as completed in Sprint 2 as well, which affects the accuracy of my reports.
I’ve tried different methods to pull accurate sprint data, such as using JQL queries and checking resolved dates, but I still see the same behavior in the Sprint Reports.
Is this an expected behavior in Jira, or is there a way to fix this so that a task is only marked as completed in the sprint where it was actually closed? What I want is to accurately find and report the completion rates of issues in past sprints.
I would really appreciate any advice or solutions.
Thanks in advance!