Hi everyone,
As per the project requirements, I’ve created a custom field of the type 'User Picker (Single Choice)' for the 'Assignee' field.
This custom 'Assignee' field is available on the 'Create' screen, allowing users to search & select an assignee.
I've also applied filters so that only users from a specific user group are displayed.
The field supports user selection either by clicking the dropdown arrow to view the user list or by typing in the assignee's name to quickly filter matching users.
However, the issue arises when searching for users by typing their names. The search works only if the name is typed in a required format.
For example, names in the user groups are stored as 'Poddar, Bhimashankar', including additional data like 'id' and 'alias'.
If I type "Poddar, B..." it works, but if I omit the comma, it returns 'No matches.'


I think, even if missing comma does not separate the word due to which it says 'No matches' but still it should match characters instead of complete words...
I would like to customize this search logic to allow users to search by 'id' and 'alias' as well.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you