We have a Kanban board set up to hide older "completed" tickets as shown...
What criteria exactly is used to determine the "completed" state in this case. Some tickets are being hidden that I don't expect to be.
Hi @Lynn Tinney and welcome
Jira has a field called "Resolution". When this field is empty, the ticket is NOT completed. Like the JQL query: Resolution is empty
But, once the ticket is completed (work is done), then the ticket should get a proper resolution value (you can customize them).
That is what Jira is basing this hide off of.
HTH,KGM
Hi Lynn - It might be looking at the Category of the status. Done category statuses are green. In Progress statuses are blue. What color is the In Test status?
Forgot to write the JQL for completed tickets: Resolution is NOT empty
If you decide to have different resolution values, for example "Done", Duplicate", "First Call Fix", then you can also search by them. For example: Resolution = "First Call Fix".
Best, KGM
Thank you for the reply Kristjan!I checked one of the tickets that this happened on and the "Resolution" is "Unresolved." That is the normal resolution for all our tickets that have not been moved to "Done"
As far as I know, we've only had this problem for tickets that have a status of "In Test"
@Lynn Tinney
The way Company-managed kanban (and scrum for that matter) board work is that any issue that makes it to the farthest right column is what the board considered "completed". This is independent of the resolution. The resolution is still very important and @Kristján Geir Mathiesen is absolutely correct. But Jira is going to hide whatever issues are in that farthest right column, regardless of status or resolution. It's not picky.
@Alex Ortiz
Thanks for the answer. In my Googling to understand this, I ran across other people saying that, however, the tickets I'm having the problem with are in the next to the right column ("In Test" in the image below. Hopefully you can zoom in and see it).
Very good point, @John Funk
Hi @John Funk Thank you for the answer. Yes, the "In Test" status is green. Since that seems to be a built in status and I don't want to mess with other groups in the company, we created a custom "In Testing" status and set its category to In Progress and transitioned all the tickets for our group to that.
I guess I'll know in 2 weeks if that fixed the problem. Thank you for your help!
Yep, that should do it. Good luck!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.