I am using Windows 10 and I used to be able to just drag and drop images into Trello cards and they would upload as attachments. Now I have to go the long way and choose the file through the upload file system. Please put the drag and drop feature back. I also cannot paste screenshots or images from the clipboard into the attachment field anymore either. Please fix that as well. Thank you.
Hi @Scott Geithman - I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with attachment shortcuts. I'm not able to reproduce this issue, can you provide a few more details? What happens when you drop the file onto a Trello card? Do you see an error? Does it open in a new tab? You can paste an image directly onto the card, just hover over the card and paste. Does that solve the pasting issue for you?
It opens the image in a new tab, there is no error.
In the past it used to recognize that I was about to drop an image and the whole card would get an overlay div with a target the said drop here to upload or some text I can't remember. Now it does nothing when I hover and when I drop the image it just opens in a new tab. This has been going on for me for about a month or more now, and my computer has been restarted numerous times, so it is definitely nothing to with cache or anything stupid like that. It's almost like it was removed on purpose and if that's the case then that's a shame because this is the whole reason I use Trello, fast way to get information and images in one place and for use anywhere when online (and the iPhone app).
I can confirm that this functionality was not removed on purpose, and what you're experiencing is unexpected behavior. As I mentioned above, I'm not able to reproduce the issue in my environment - dragging and dropping at attachment onto a card is working as expected for me on Mac/Chrome. Can you share what browser and version you're using? Thank you!
It all of a sudden works now! ... the drag and drop, I mean ... it just worked like it was supposed to! I refreshed the page and then I got the hover that says "Drop files to upload." and when I dropped, it uploaded to the card. I cannot explain that.
The other part still DOES NOT WORK though. I still cannot paste an image from the clipboard into the attachment field. I used to be able to copy an image to the clipboard and then either CTRL + V or right click and paste into the "Attachment > Search or paste a link" field and the image would upload into the card files. Now it just does nothing. There is another post for this problem -
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Why-can-t-I-paste-copied-images-into-the-attachment-field-to/qaq-p/2830135#M99855
I am having the same issue!
Hi Scott, Myself and my team are no longer able to drag and drop either, there seems to be a bug. Also when clicking on the little arrow at the rightside to download it doesnt seem to be downloading but opening an "untitled" tab". Please could you look into these issues
Having same issues - was able to drag/drop files from email attachments, now it doesn't work. as an example - when trying to drag pdf, it just opens it in the browser instead of attaching to the card.
I think MS Office was updated recently? Could that be related?
P.S. Copy/file from the email attachments /Paste into the "comment" doesn't work as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.