All of the workflows I manage have a "Abandoned", "Dropped", or similar status which lets the team know that the described work is no longer relevant to the project. To prevent these Dropped items from moving into the next Sprint, I treat the Dropped state as part of the "Done" statusCategory. It's not a really great solution because without some automation and care in reporting, it can easily look like the work that the team quit working on it actually finished rather than being halted.
This led me to wonder if there would be interest in a "Dropped" statusCategory so I can differentiate between work that is completed and work that is no longer going to be worked on but was not actually accomplished.
The idea would be to treat items in a StatusCategory of Dropped as done for purposes of carrying them over from one Sprint to the next, but flag them with a unique color (like black) so it is clear they were not actually completed.
This also led me to wonder if there would be interest in options to define your own StatusCategory for further workflow management without being as tied to specific Status. That may be more of a niche option for Jira users, but it is still one I could see being useful for someone like myself who wants more classifications to assigning Status to different StatusCategory options.