Situation is this:
A Jira SM and confluence (data center) instance has been running on AWS EKS utilizing AWS RDS for a DB and EFS as persistent volumes for both JSM and the Confluence as shared-homes as both were running clustered. They are deployed via helm.
A few days ago, I had to deploy new helm charts that had no effect on the jira or confluence charts at all (it was simply adding another application) After I redeployed all the apps, confluence can no longer recognize its own DB and shows the typical "Confluence tables already exist" message on startup.
While this is not officially a "production" DB per se, it does contain a lot of data that we cannot lose.
I've attempted to restore from backups with both the EFS and DB and the issue remains. I have looked all over the place for a solution to "Confluence tables already exist" and I've found nothing that works and most are solutions offered for non-k8s environments which are either impossible to replicate in a containerized env, or beyond my skills. I've been at this for more than a week. Of all that I could try nothing has worked, including:
1. Full restore (as mentioned above)
2. "Installing" onto a new db and then switching back the original DB.
3. Full restore with a much older backup as a troubleshooting step
4. A hundred other small things that I can't even recall.
So, while I'm looking for general help, I'd also love if someone could tell me what exactly couples the home and shared-home to the DB, and why there is no guidance on how to fix this. Given how common this issue has been in my own work, it seems like there would be readily available answers to this question, but, again, near nothing with an actual solution exists online.
Edit: I am also seeing a number of "Spring Application context has not been set" errors in logs. I see no other errors to indicate why.