Hi All,
I am using assignee.DisplayName and its not working. In the mail output of Slack and email message it is giving blank value however if I check on API call directly on issue, its showing Value in assignee.
{{assignee.displayName}
I am using same format. Jira does not detect assignee name if I add into automation rule with task created but it works with if I add with task changed or task transition.
I checked in audit logs too
@Raj, Rohit ,
make sure it is case sensitive and has all the brackets. So try with
{{assignee.displayName}}
Are you using it in an automation rule?
If so you can always try and output it first with the Action "Log" to see what is in there.
Then it could be that the assignee is still empty while your automation is running.
Assignee gets possibly set through the components or also through an Automation.
What you can try is adding a delay action in your notification rule and also doing a "re-fetch" action immediately before you get the value.
I added one minute and same outcome however if I use same rule with Action @issue transition or issue change then its working.
Its not working only with Action "issue created" even with 1 min delay
And you are sure the assignee is actually filled in at creation?
I would look in to how the Assignee is filled in first to see if it actually has a value @ creation
(also try and keep this a single thread if possible for easy of responding)
Sorry I didnt try with re fetch option after delay, I just used it and its working
Excellent!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.