Good Evening,
Yesterday was the first day in a few months that I used git to upload a new project into a new Bitbucket repository. When I got the Atlassian prompt to enter my credentials, I put the correct email address in, but I forgot that I had to use an App Password instead of my Bitbucket web account, so I got the remote: Invalid credentials, followed by fatal: Authentication failed for...my Bitbucket repo. I can't find any way of getting that prompt back so that I can enter my correct App Password. I've been working on this since this time last night, and have searched the questions on here, as well as general web search and can't find an answer.
I've tried creating new repos, creating new projects to try and upload, and I keep getting stuck with the same Invalid credentials error.
My OS is Kubuntu 24.04, and I am using Git version 2.43.0. I'm not using any kind of password manager, SourceTree, etc. I just use plain Git...however it caches this password information. Other than the initial Atlassian login prompt, I do all of my pulls, pushes, merges, etc. in the Linux command line. Despite everything that I could find online about clearing out the saved incorrect password, I still can't get the Atlassian login prompt back.
I would greatly appreciate any help that could be provided.
Thanks for your time and consideration.