I have built a filter that works exactly like I need it to and I tried to build a plan to show the filter results the way my team likes to see it. After naming the plan and adding the filter as the issue source, I hit create and waited. After a couple of minutes the red box popped up in the bottom, left corner of the screen that said "Something went wrong." When I clicked the dropdown arrow to see the details, it said, "Wait a few seconds, then try again. If this keeps happening, let us know at https://support.atlassian.com/contact."
This isn't the first time I've run into this. It has actually happened several times and I keep creating tickets for our enterprise Jira administrators who are able to fix the problem. I would like to know if it is something I'm doing wrong or if there is just a bug that only a select few know how to work around.