I am working on creating a issue type for on-boarding new employees. We intend to have the ticket initiated by HR with the basic employee profile. As they input the information we also want them to select the new employee's manager so the ticket can be handed off to them directly for further input on IT/telephony equipment, types of access (VPN, internal services), and office equipment.
The only way I can see to facilitate this action would be to add the managers to the service desk team and include the field to assign the ticket to an individual. Unfortunately this would create confusion as IT personnel and managers would both be listed.
Is there a way to create a field that would just list manager and allow the tickets to be automatically assigned to the person selected? I'm mostly trying to prevent additional work by the support staff in having to re-assign every ticket that comes in.