What is the use of the "customisation" folder in jira-home folder?
Is this folder only for backup to store customized config files before upgrades?
We are using Jira in ia a container via Podman. The container image is a standardized one from a provider. Customizations are done with ansible. For reasons I need to modify the cipher settings in the server.xml file. A modification inside the non-persistent Jira installation is useless because after a full restart of the container the files will be initialized again.
A possibility I've successfully tested is to mount the particular file from a persistent location to the non-persistent location but that could cause trouble when Jira is updated (aka new container image is pulled) and settings in the mounted config file doesn't fit to the new version.
I haven't found any proper explanation for what the "customisation" folder is. Would it be possible to store modified files there and Jira copies them automatically to the right non-persistent location when the container is started?