Trying to understand why it works.
Pre-Req: Branch creation: Main -> New Release Branch (release/2024-12-12) - > New feature Branch (feature/NewMenu)
I add my changes to feature/NewMenu. Raise a PR from feature/NewMenu -> develop Where I'm asked to resolve the merge conflicts, since other developer would have merged their feature branch to develop branch.
I follow below steps in git console:
- git branch o/p shows : feature/NewMenu
- git pull
- git checkout develop
- git pull
- git merge feature/NewMenu o/p: shows auto-merge conflicts I resolve the conflicts.
- git checkout -b mergefix/Resolved.
- git add & commit
- git push
When PR is merged from mergefix/Resolved to develop. The other conflicted PR is not marked as remotely merged.
If I modify the last 3 steps it works as expected:
- git add & commit
- git checkout -b mergefix/Resolved.
- git push
Why does this work? What is the difference ?