I have a trigger to change the status of an Issue when a pull request is merged in Stash. Is there a way to run the Post functions after this automated transition occurs? Maybe using a Plug-in?
Would it be possible to do that using the JIRA Automation (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin) that can be used to grab events and do automated actions.
-- Pedro
I don't see why you need an add-on: A transition (or action) that is fired by a integration trigger should still fire post-functions, should it not?
@Jason Trinidad, are you having issues attaching a post-function to this transition that is fired from a trigger? I've only used triggers minutely but it was my understanding that those post-functions should still fire.
Thanks! That worked like a charm!
This is on the Jira page: "Triggers are events which initiate an automatic workflow transition for a JIRA issue. Examples of triggers are pull request creation, or code review rejection. Caveats: Conditions, validators, and permissions will be ignored for automatic transitions but operate as usual for manual transitions. Global transitions can be automated with triggers, if you follow some simple guidelines. Read our best practices page on automatic issue transitioning. Send feedback on triggers." I managed to get it working using the JIRA Automation plug-in.
Thanks for asking. I had the same question.
Are post-functions ignored though? You didn't list them in your copy-paste.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.