Good afternoon!
10 years ago, I was using Bitbucket for some personal projects (<URL to workspace removed>), and registered an account with the email <email_redacted>. However, the password from the Bitbucket was lost, and I am trying to reset it. I was using Bitbucket before September 2014 from Moscow IP addresses, and after September 2014, from Paris and Ivry IP addresses.
The problem is, the email provider <domain> won’t allow any incoming emails. Here is a reply from their successor, Yandex:
‘
The emails are not being delivered to the mailboxes on the <domain> domain because the necessary settings are not configured. We cannot add these settings because the domain belongs to another company. Without these settings, you won’t be able to use the email service properly: new emails won’t be received. To avoid losing important information in the mailbox <email_redacted>, please transfer it to a Yandex email account. You can do this as follows: <...> This will allow you to transfer your old emails to the new mailbox, but it won’t restore the operation of the <email_redacted> email. To receive emails on the new mailbox, share the new address with those you’ve been corresponding with. If the old email was linked to social media accounts or other services, I recommend changing it to the new email address.
’
I can send outgoing emails from the address that was used for BitBucket registration, but cannot receive the password reset email. How can I prove that I am / was the owner of the old email address associated with the Bitbucket account by sending an email from it?
Thank you in advance!
Yours sincerely,
Andreï.