I've been going through the documentation trying to work out how to assign a story to an epic and it all suggests that there should be an epic field within the story issue but I can't see one.
To test I've created a new project by doing the following:
1.) Select the drop down arow next to Agile
2.) Select Getting Started
3.) Select Create a new Project and Rapid Board
4.) Select Agile->Planning Board
5.) Select Tools->Configuration
6.) Change Project Template from default to Scrum
7.) Confirmed by selecting 'Change Template'
8.) Create a new epic, not that this does not have an epic label in it It has a label field but I assume this is seperate
9.) Create a story again there is no epic label field.
I've checked in Admin->Custom Fields and Epic/Theme is shown as applying to all projects and issue types.
However Epic/Theme is not set to shw on any screens. But then should it be?
The docs say the following but if I click on the bottom right hand corner of a story it expects story point snot an epic.
'To associate an issue with an epic,
- Login to JIRA.
- Click the 'Agile' link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar and select 'Planning Board' from the resulting dropdown menu. The 'Planning Board' will be displayed.
- Select your project from the project dropdown in the top left of the Planning Board, if it is not already selected. The Planning Board will refresh with information for your project.
- Locate the card you want to associate with your epic, and click the
icon to the right of the 'Epic' field to edit it. (This icon will appear when your mouse pointer hovers over the Epic field).
- Enter the issue key for your epic in the 'Epic' field and click the 'tick' icon to save this change. Your issue will be associated with the epic.