I've been working on a project and prior to this year I've never had any problems with SourceTree or BitBucket but now I'm regularly and randomly encountering an issue where I start to push to my repository only to have it never finish the push.
I have no idea what causes this as it's seemingly random. Sometimes it eventually goes through or in cases like right now it just appears that it is never going to update. The last time it got this bad I had to clone the repo and push to the new repo instead and delete the old one, which isn't a practice I want to get in the habit of constantly doing.
Further complicating things, I attempted to use SSH to see if that would offer a more consistent connection for pushes and while I've followed all of the documentation to the letter (as far as I can tell) when I attempt to push I get an error message and I'm told "permission denied (publickey)" which might just be the least helpful message ever. Is the public key bad? The wrong type? Not setup properly?
The solution seems to be to go through a verbose version which is a million lines long and doesn't seem to contain the solution.
All I want to do is push < 1MB of data to my repo. I've spent hours trying to figure this out.
Any help would be appreciated because I don't understand at all why this would be happening.
For additional information: When this happens and I attempt to push to other repos on the same exact account they work. I have no idea what it is about this particular project that keeps tripping up the system.