I want a way for users to submit requests that results in an issue being created automatically with the various fields (i.e. Epic Link, Component, Fix Version, etc.) filled out according to their respective submissions. Meaning, user inputs are collected via pre-selected options in a drop down menu &/or Radio buttons. Free-form text will not be used except for the Summary/Description.
To get this out of the way, I am working in a Jira Software project space so the Issue Collector feature will not work.
Currently, I have an Intake form in Confluence that has been mapped to Jira via email. This results in a Jira issue created systemically, however, all of the details provided in the intake form appear in the description of the newly created issue. Meaning I, or someone on my team, has to manually update each issue after it is created. Not the most strategic solution. I work in a very large organization with a high volume of requests. Manual work such as this is not a viable option. Any help is appreciated.