Really big issue here. I am on the latest release of JIRA and Greenhopper.
I have a whole bunch of Epics. We went through the process of doing Epic / Story breakdown, so I have a whole set of Stories related to Epics. I created the Stories using the "Create Issue In Epic" from the Plan mode of a Rapid Board.
Now, I have an enormous issue. I cannot re-order stories independent of Epics.
For example, imagine that I have two epics:
- 1 Epic: Accept Payment Information
- 1.A Story: Accept VISA
- 1.B Story: Accept MasterCard
- 2 Epic: Enter Shipto Information
- 2.A Story: Enter One Time Shipment Information
- 2.B Story: Save Shipment Information on Account
The huge problem is that I cannot order the stories in the backlog in the Rapid Board Plan mode independent of the Epic!
In other words, I cannot have the following in my backlog:
I can re-order by drag-and-drop, but it is not saved in JIRA. If I click out of the board, then click back in, the "re-order" that I attempted is not saved.
Worse, I cannot even add a single story to a Sprint from further down in the backlog.
I do not see this for stories that are outside of an Epic.
Help!