Hello Atlassian Community,
Before diving into problem, here are the details of Jira setup that I have,
- Jira Server : 9.4.14 Data Center
- Base URL : https://qa-jira.com
- Host platform : Kubernetes
- SSL Certificate : Self Signed, Managed by Nginx Ingress controller
- Nginx Ingress : Host = qa-jira.com, Target port = 443, Backend port = 443
- Jira Webserver (server.xml) : Configured with 2 connectors. (1) for HTTP/HTTPS without proxy. Port=8080, Redirect_port=8443 (2) for HTTPS with proxy. Port=8443, ProxyName=qa-jira.com, ProxyPort=443
With this setup, Jira application starts without an issue and can be accessed at 'qa-jira.com'.
But issue is gadgets are not properly getting loaded and internal API calls executed via scripts returns 'Unable to get local issuer certificate'.
Also when I test it with openssl s_client -connect qa-jira.com:443 returns 'verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate'
Do I have to make any additional configuration in Jira to get this 'Self Signed' certificate to be trusted in Jira? I am not sure.
Your help or suggestions to get more insights on the issue would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.