I have recently transitioned my projects over to Rapid Board with the latest GreenHopper updates. I use time for estimates so when I am building a sprint, I can see how long the estimated issues are going to take, and keep it under 2 weeks per dev.
Some of the issues already have sub tasks with estimates for various reasons. We have been allowing Jira to calculate the estimate and remaining on the parent taks and it has worked fine before Rapid Board. Now, when I am trying to set up a sprint, any issue with sub tasks does not show the calculated value and I can't actually see what amount of work the parent issue represents.
If I change the parent task estimate manually, when I add other sub tasks, they get added to the values, and the math is all wrong. It seems that the new Rapid Board doesnt want me using Jira issues the way I have been, yet using auto calculated sub tasks seems to make so much more sense if I dont use a Rapid Board.
I have read that Atlassian thinks its working fine, so it must be something I am misunderstanding about how to use the Rapid Board. Any suggestions on what I should be doing different?