TL; DR: Looking for upgrade path options.
Additional info:
- Build 72006
- Build Date 91606a849e49df24789f9d9a6614de45c98c37a8
We don't have support and haven't had it in years (i'm told). In Admin > Support Tools > Instance Health we have 2 warnings:
- v7.2.4 is EOL
- MySQL 5.7.44 is unsupported
So I am looking to get us onto a supported version. I am comfortable staying on-prem but I would like to move to cloud so i can wash my hands of it LOL. We have quite a few user-installed add-ons and system add-ons; i don't know how much that complicates the upgrade path. I am a Unix sysadmin, not a Jira admin, but I have admin'd one Jira or another for 10+ years at this point. I inherited this one about a year ago.
Our Jira is running fine for now; I just migrated the installation from CentOS 7 to RockyLinux 9 (still running Java 8). I have the ability to cleanly clone the whole env, database and all. I am not opposed to cloning the env and seeing what upgrades to "Datacenter" i can get away with as far as "does Jira still work after the upgrade".
Sorry about the ramble; just wondering what to do.