I'm pushing a local repo to Bitbucket cloud from VS Code integrated terminal and authentication keeps failing. There is a prompt in VS Code to enter the Bitbucket password and it won't accept the Bitbucket password because the integrated terminal keeps saying the authentication failed. I changed the password in Bitbucket with the same result. Then I installed the Atlassian extension into VS Code and I authorized Bitbucket Cloud and that didn't help authenticate. Then I added my public SSH key to Bitbucket and I still see a prompt in VS Code for a password that subsequently fails when I paste the bitbucket password. Bitbucket authentication is blocking my progress.
Forget it. I created an App Password with repo permissions and it authenticated. Make sure to document the App Password because you can only see it once.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.