Hi,
I have been asked to configure a Kanban board for my company. Am confused should I create a team managed project or a company managed?
Any advice on this would be helpful.
@neha jagwani Welcome! depends on your project needs.
Hi @neha jagwani, welcome to the community.
It depends on your project needs and, well, your organization's requirements.
With Company-managed projects, you will have deeper configurations (like mapping issue screens, creating custom issue fields, etc.).
Hope it helps.
Hi @neha jagwani ,
Welcome to the Atlassian community,
In addition to the answers from @Nicolas Grossi and @Lucas_DevSamurai_ . You can check this list of documentation to learn more about how company-managed and team-managed projects differ and which one is right for your project.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/learn-the-basics-of-team-managed-projects/
Thank you!
Hi @neha jagwani
Welcome to the community.
A few indicators on which way to go, is
a. who is going to look after the admin of the project? Are you okay with the 'team' creating their own stuff, or
b. Does your organisation prefer to have standard projects, that use company managed schemas, and workflows, issue types etc.
Cheers
Mark
Hi Neha,
My personal opinion, but always, always, always create a Company-managed project and NEVER a team-managed project.
thank you all for the response. Based on the responses above, I think it is better if I go with the Company managed projects option.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.