How to link an organization detail field in the portal form
Hi @yuliana seijas
Welcome to the community!
The Organisation field is a special field. If you have added an organization and added customer users to the organisation, that user will see the organization option when creating a ticket. This field is automatically added, you can not add/remove as other custom fields.
Here is a similar question on the community: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/how-do-I-add-the-organisation-field-to-requests/qaq-p/1621481
all the best
Lisa
Well, thank you very much. Another issue. How do you show the detail fields of a client in the form? I want a field to be loaded by default. For example: CUSTOMER NUMBER
The organization doesn't have more attribute to display but its name. The purpose of the organization is primarily to control insight into the Jira SM tickets for more than one customer user. A hack is to name it like "name_number" but be aware of who is seeing this information. Is that information useful for your customer contacts when they create tickets or only for supporting the internal process or handling the tickets?
If you are looking for CRM features like a database of customer contacts, customer companies, their relations and all those details that comes with a contact or a company then you are better off using Assets for this (see doc here) . Its an incredibly flexible feature, and can hold all sorts of master data in the structure that suits your company.
I can't see which plan you are on but Assets is available in Premium and Enterprise plans.
br
@yuliana seijas !
I take the above back :-)
I just learnt that Atlassian actually launched a feature to add more attributes to customer users and Organizations, more information about how in this documentation .
I just tried adding a phone number attribute and this is how it turns out in the issue view for the agents:
you get a new panel to the right and expanding the small arrow lets the agent see whatever details have been populated on the chosen organization
Turning on the feature adds this panel to the issue view
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.