Hi Community,
I have a typical mapping requirement regarding Parent-Child relation between Initiative and Epics.
Pre-conditions:
- I have a Parent Project (as Project P) with issue type level as Initiative and two Child Projects (as Project C1 and Project C2) with issue type level as Epic 1 and Epic 2 respectively.
- In Project P, I have five statuses: Intake > Pre-checks > Assessments > In-Scope > Closed
- In both Projects C1 & C2, the statuses are: Open > In-Progress > In QA Review > Done
Current workflow:
- When a new issue (as Parent) is created in Project P with Initiative issue type, then I am cloning the issue as Child in Project C1 and C2 with Epic issue type via Jira automation.
Requirement is:
- When child Epics transition from one status to another in their respective Projects (C1 & C2), I want to set a specific status of Initiative in Project P based on the current statuses of epics automatically.
For eg:
- If Epic 1 = In-Progress; Epic 2 = In-Progress then Initiative = Pre-checks
- If Epic 1 = In-Progress; Epic 2 = In QA Review; then Initiative = Assessment
- If Epic 1 = In QA Review; Epic 2 = In-Progress; then Initiative = Assessment
- If Epic 1 = In QA Review; Epic 2 = In QA Review; then Initiative = In-Scope
Please guide on how I can configure the above use-case with the help of Jira automation, scriptrunner, JMWE app or any Post functions.
It would be a great learning for me.
Thanks