One of the Jira users is not able to edit/create a sprint on a Jira dashboard although the user belongs to a group that should have the right to manage the groups
Anyone knows what the problem can be?
the buttons are disabled as you can see
@Mouna Hammoudi ,
A common issue that I encounter is that the board is spanning over more than 1 project in its filter. In that case, you will need to have 'Manage sprints' permissions in all projects that the board is covering.
Can you share the filter that is used for this board?
ALso, I assume you have triple checked that the person in question is, in fact, part of the group shown in the screenshot?
yes the filter is under this form and the user has the permission for all the projects
Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you double checked everything I would double check as well. I would still suspect that in at least one project the user is missing partially the permissions. You could troubleshoot by temporarily creating a new board with a copy of the current filter, and then adjusting the filter until the user doesn't see the issue anymore. You could adjust the filter by putting the whole current filter between ( ) and adding "AND project not in (<project key of the projects to exclude>).
Additionally, I would also ask the user to hover with their mouse over the greyed out options, it should show a more detailed reason as to why the options are greyed out. Could you share that as well?
the manage sprints permission is available for all the projects of the dashboard and these are the messages the user gets when he hover over the buttons.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.