I've noticed some official documentation is written incorrectly and will produce errors.
See "Format of the JSON" section of below pages, where it updates the description it is missing square brackets.
Incorrect: Advanced field editing using JSON | Cloud automation Cloud | Atlassian Support
{ "update": { "description": { "set": "a new description" }, "labels": [{ "add": "test-label" }] }, "fields": { "summary": "woohoo! a new summary" } }
Correct: Advanced field editing using JSON | Automation for Jira Cloud and Data Center | Atlassian Documentation
{ "update": { "description": [{ "set": "a new description" }], "labels": [{ "add": "test-label" }] }, "fields": { "summary": "woohoo! a new summary" } }
Just a heads up to anyone that also gets caught by this.
Hi @lmcdonald -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
When you have feedback on the documentation pages, you may submit that at the bottom of the pages with the link "Provide feedback about this article", and...
Which version of Jira are you using: Cloud, Server, or Data Center?
Did you notice those sources are for different versions of Jira automation: Cloud and Server / Data Center? Have you tested the information provided with each version to confirm the behavior?
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks Bill,
Didn't notice they are for different platforms, but I can confirm I am using Jira Cloud, and the bug is in the page for Jira Cloud's documentation.
I will report this as suggested.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.