HelloI have two projects which are using the same Issue type screen schemes.I was under the impression that if you modify the issue layout that this id done my the project admin and that it only effects the project you modifying.When I made a change to include a available field on the screen I get a message saying it will effect the other project which it did.Is this correct or is there other config I am missing? Thanks
If it is for company-managed projects it affects all.
@Connor
Welcome to the community. Are you adjusting the issue layout via Project settings >> Issues >> Layout? If so, it is my understanding that multiple projects can have the same issue types screens configuration scheme (controlled globally by Jira Admins not project admins), however each project admin can configure the "Issue Layout" without impacting other projects. Even Atlassian Documentation https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-layout/ confirm this that "Issue layout settings are for individual projects".
Can you confirm that if you are not referring "Issue Layout" configuration from your end?
Please advise.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Yes, it will impact other project also. Better keep separate screen schemas.
Thanks,
Vamsi
Yes this is also my understanding and what I read aswell when I did my certification but seems it does effect other projects and you need to create different screen schemes
Thanks, is this not against the documentation https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-layout/ ?
Seems that if fields are already on screens, even ff shared, then you dont impact other projects. Only if you add a new available field then will it effect other projects.
Adding to this thread - it's definitely quite frustrating that you can't adjust the layout of the screen in a specific project and not impact others.I feel that the Screen configuration section is where you add all of the required fields, but it should be that when you go to the layout page in a project that shares the same screen config that it's here you can position certain fields.I genuinely don't understand why they don't do that, it would be way more efficient than creating screen configs separately for projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.